Abortion Clinic In Maseru
Medical abortion pills in the Maseru clinic are for early pregnancies. We have made it possible for hundreds of women who have had an unwanted pregnancy to have a safe and private abortion. We only use safe and tested Pills which are administered by our registered medical professionals, ensuring that your abortion is quick and safe.
There are 2 main types of abortion:
- Medical abortion (“abortion pill”) – taking medicine to end the pregnancy
- Surgical abortion – a procedure to remove the pregnancy.
Get advice if you:
- have pain or bleeding that does not get better in a few days
- still feel pregnant after about a week
- have a temperature, flu-like feelings, or unusual vaginal discharge – these could be signs of infection
- Have any other worries
If you cannot find the number, contact a GP or 111.
Medical abortion involves taking 2 different medicines to end the pregnancy.
The medicines are prescribed by the hospital or clinic, and you usually take them 1 or 2 days apart.
This usually happens several hours after you take the second medicine.
It does not need surgery or an anesthetic.
It involves the following steps:
- You first take a tablet containing a medicine called mifepristone – which blocks the main pregnancy hormone. You take this tablet at the hospital or clinic, and you’ll be able to go home afterward and continue your normal activities
- usually 1 to 2 days later, you take a second medicine called misoprostol – you put the tablets under your tongue, between your cheek and gum, or inside your vagina. You can usually take the medicine at home if you’re less than 10 weeks pregnant – if you’re over 10 weeks pregnant, you need to take these tablets at the clinic or hospital
- Within 4 to 6 hours of taking the second medicine, the lining of the womb breaks down, causing pain, bleeding, and loss of the pregnancy
Sometimes you need to take more doses of misoprostol to get the pregnancy to pass.
Commonly called ‘the abortion pill’, a medication abortion is a non-invasive procedure for the termination of a pregnancy. We routinely provide medication abortions (Abortion Pill) to 11 weeks of pregnancy.
After Your Procedure Abortion
After your procedure abortion, you will rest in the recovery room for 20-45 minutes. During that time, we will monitor your vital signs (blood pressure and pulse), and review your After-care Instructions. If your blood type is Rh negative, a nurse will administer an injection of Rhogam.
Call any time (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for post-abortion problems.
Our abortion Aftercare Instructions can help you evaluate if what you are experiencing is normal.
Call during office hours for birth control information, scheduling appointments, emergency contraception, and other questions.
A local anesthetic will be injected into the cervix. The injection may cause a pinching and burning sensation that lasts about 3-5 seconds.
Some additional care is necessary for people who are over 14 weeks old. Prior to the start of the procedure, small dilating rods called laminaria will be inserted into the cervix in order to dilate the cervix slowly. Some people may experience mild to moderate menstrual-type cramps during the insertion.