Abortion clinic in Uruguay
Doctor Neo abortion clinic in Uruguay has been working relentlessly in your service for the past sixteen years for the betterment of women’s health and sexual problems. We not only provide prompt services to all of your specific sexual issues, but we also provide legalized abortion facilities at an affordable price.
We are renowned for putting our customers as our first and foremost priority, as our doctors and professionals are always available regardless of the hour or place. But We can fathom that a process like abortion is extremely sensitive to all the people related to it.
Is abortion legal in Uruguay?
In 2012, the Voluntary Termination of Pregnancy (VTP) law was passed, creating legal abortion services in the National Integrated Health System (NIHS). Abortion is legally accessible only if performed during the first twelve weeks of pregnancy (with some exceptions) by a health provider from the NIHS, and following these steps:
- Interview with the disciplinary team (gynecologist, psychologist, social worker).
- Five-day period to “reflect” on the decision.
- Confirmation of the decision by a gynecologist.
- Post-abortion care and contraceptive counseling.
- But its, Only Uruguayan citizens or foreigners with at least a year of residence in the country have access to abortion services.
- In some parts of Uruguay, high levels of conscientious objection by gynecologists (more than 60% of professionals available) have been a de facto barrier to access to abortion services. Certain cities reach up to 100% of conscientious objectors.
- Medical abortion (Abortion by pill: Misoprostol, Mifepristone)
- Surgical abortion
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA)
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- And also, Post-abortion care
Whether performed chemically or surgically, there are risks associated with having an abortion. As part of our sessions, our advocates will review all potential complications.
As the pregnancy advances and the gestational age of the baby increases, but the risks and associated complications become more numerous.
Some of the most common risks associated with chemical and surgical abortions include:
- Cervical tears and abrasions
- Heavy bleeding
- Complications from anesthesia
- And also, Intra-uterine blood clots
- Uterus wall perforation
- And also, Pelvic infection
Who can perform abortions in Uruguay?
It should be noted that MVA is rarely available as gynecologists are either not capable of performing it due to lack of training and proper equipment, or they refuse to do so. Consequently, 98% of abortions in Uruguay are medical abortions.
Abortions are free of charge in Uruguay, although in private health providers, studies required (at least one echography and a beta-hCG level test) may have some cost.
What are the legal and safe abortion drugs available in Uruguay?
Mifepristone (Mifeprex) plus misoprostol
Although misoprostol can be acquired at pharmacies in Uruguay, but it’s only sold if prescribed by a gastroenterologist. But Abortion pills are provided by abortion services only.
Can I buy abortion pills online in Uruguay?
Who can I contact for additional abortion information and support in Uruguay?
- Mujer y Salud en Uruguay – MYSU: A feminist NGO defending sexual and reproductive rights.
- Mujeres en el Horno – Línea abort: Safe abortion helpline
- Asociación de Ayuda al Seropositivo (ASEPO) – Línea Sida, Sexualidad y Derechos: Information and sexual health resources
- Iniciativas Sanitarias: Information and sexual health resources
After abortion care and support
Some women struggle with their decision after having an abortion. But They may feel guilty or have regrets that require ongoing care and support from a community of others who share their trauma. Abortion clinics in Albuquerque generally do not provide after-abortion care and support. Care Net Pregnancy Centers of Albuquerque offers after-abortion care designed to deal with emotional and physical pain from abortions.