Abortion Clinic in Zambia
Our Abortion clinic in Zambia offers medical and surgical abortion for women coming from Ireland. The Centre is located within 15 15-minutes drive from the local airport. This is one of the most convenient locations if you are coming from Belfast, Dublin, or Limerick Airports.
RU-486, commonly known as the abortion pill, is a medication intended to terminate pregnancy. The abortion pill is actually a two-pill process. Mifepristone, the first pill, is usually taken during a doctor’s appointment. This pill stops important hormones from flowing to the embryo.
Pregnancy symptoms differ for every woman, and some might experience no symptoms at all. However, the most common sign of pregnancy is a missed period. There are other common symptoms that could detect the early stages of pregnancy, including:
- Tender/swollen breasts
- Aversion to certain foods
- Mood swings
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, you could be pregnant. However, the only way to tell if you are truly pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Our center will provide you with an on-site test at no cost to you.
Is Abortion Legal in Zambia?
The abortion law in Zambia is different from the abortion law in the Republic of Zambia. Women who are unable to access abortion can travel to Botswana for safe and legal treatment.
- Some people are morally opposed to this method since conception and implantation have already taken place.
- Mifepristone may not be an option for women with liver or kidney problems, anemia, diabetes, Rh-negative blood, or those who are very overweight.
- This method requires several visits to the healthcare provider, and there is a possibility that it may not work.
- If the abortion pill has not ended your pregnancy, but there is a chance of birth defects if you carry the baby to term.
The failure rate of medical abortion is very low – 2 to 3 women in every 100. but When a medical abortion fails, this means taking more tablets or having a surgical procedure, If no bleeding (or very minimal) has occurred for 2 weeks with continued pregnancy symptoms, also it is likely that the treatment has failed.
, Most women experience no complications when having a medical abortion. If you have an abortion in a safe, clinical setting like a center or clinic, also you’re at a low risk of complications.