Abortion pills for sale in Mexico
Abortion pills for sale in Mexico, A medical abortion is an alternative abortion procedure to a surgical abortion procedure that is performed up to 10 weeks from the first day of your last normal menstrual period. It is an early abortion option, which is performed in the first trimester (63 days) of gestational age, with success rates of 92-95 %. Where to find abortion pills for sale in Mexico? +27638167664
Two types of medicines are used to complete a medical abortion.
- Mifepristone (abortion pill) taken in our office
- 24-48 hours later Misoprostol (Cytotec) taken at home
- After 14 days, you are to return to our center for a follow-up and sonogram to ensure that the medical abortion has completely ended the unplanned pregnancy.
Currently, in Mexico is possible to access safe abortion services. Although the legislation is differentiated according to the State, throughout the country it is possible to request a legal interruption of pregnancy if you were a victim of rape. In addition, in Mexico City and Oaxaca, it is possible to access a voluntary abortion during the first 12 weeks of gestation in a free, safe, and voluntary way. In addition to this, it is necessary to mention that, in all the states of the Mexican Republic, there is a presence of at least one feminist group of accompaniment in safe abortion willing to provide information for accessing safe abortion services.
Is abortion legal?
In Mexico City (since 2007), Oaxaca (since 2019), Hidalgo (2021) and Veracruz (2021) abortion is legal, safe, free, and voluntary during the first 12 weeks of gestation.
If you were a victim of rape in any part of the country, it is important that you know that ALL women, girls, and teenagers in Mexico have the right to access a legal, safe, and free abortion in ALL states of the country. Under the protection of NOM-046 which regulates all health centers in Mexico, health personnel are obligated to provide abortion services under the concept of good faith to victims of rape who provide written requests of the victim under protest of telling the truth and without the requirement of a criminal complaint involved. There should not be a maximum of weeks for the application of this rule.
- Surgical abortion: such as manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) and, although in disuse, also dilatation and curettage (D&L)
- Medical Abortion: using Misoprostol alone (available in practically any pharmacy) or using the combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol (Mifepristone is a controlled drug that can only be obtained with a medical prescription in some pharmacies)
Who can provide a safe abortion?
- Practicing physicians
Where can I go to access a safe abortion?
There are options for all budgets. To some of these places, women will have to travel to Mexico City or Oaxaca.
- Private hospitals
- Public hospitals
- Private clinics
- Private sanatoriums
- And also, Private Registered Health Practitioners.
- Private facilities specialized in sexual and reproductive health, ie Marie Stopes
How much does an abortion cost?
In Mexico, the price of abortion services varies depending on the type of abortion and the center of care. While in the government (public) facilities listed in the CDMX Health Secretariat they provide free abortion services.
In private clinics:
- Medical abortion from 4 to 9 weeks of pregnancy costs on average between $500 MXN and $3,500 MXN
- Manual vacuum aspiration from 8 weeks to 12 weeks on average between $2,500 MXN – $7,000 MXN
- Surgical abortion of 8 weeks and more than 12 weeks on average between $2,800 MXN – $9,500 MXN
- Most procedures include birth control for free.
- Medical aid (insurance) has criteria to cover abortion. Please review what yours covers.
What are the legal and safe medications available?
Depending on where you are, these are the legal and safe medications for safe abortion. Just remember that it is important to follow accurate guidelines so that you do not harm yourself.
- Mifepristone (RU-486) plus misoprostol (Cytotec, Cyrux, Taneciprol)
- Misoprostol only (Cytotec, Cyrux, Taneciprol)
Where can I get abortion pills?
In almost all Mexican pharmacies, you can buy Misoprostol without a medical prescription. If a pharmacy does not sell them to you, you can ask in another pharmacy until you find one that sells it. There are generic and patent brands with variable prices that can range from approximately $500 Mexican pesos to $3,500 Mexican pesos. Both generic and patent brands are highly effective. There are even several pharmacies that provide home services.
Before your Abortion
- You MUST be less than 10 weeks pregnant.
- Your first appointment will include a medical history and an ultrasound to confirm the length of the pregnancy.
- (You are welcome to return to our office for assistance if needed.)
- Two weeks later you will return for an ultrasound at no additional fee to ensure that the pregnancy has fully terminated. That day, if appropriate, we will give you a prescription for a birth control method of your choice.
What do abortion pills look like?
There are various brands available. Pfizer’s Cytotec is the patent brand, but there are several known generic presentations. Here are some of those presentations: