Abortion pills in Carolina
Abortion pills in Carolina, The abortion pill in Carolina (a medical abortion) is in fact two separate medications that first terminate and then pass the pregnancy. The doctor in our clinic will determine whether this treatment is right for you. The abortion pill treatment consists of two steps.
- The first tablet is FDA-approved and works by blocking the hormone progesterone, which is needed to maintain an early pregnancy.
- The second set of tablets is prostaglandin-like medication which has been FDA-approved for several years. The drug has been used in obstetrics to induce labor and to treat stomach ulcers. but The most commonly reported side effects are nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea of brief duration. They will help the uterus to expel the pregnancy.
These medications cause cramping, pain, and bleeding, usually after one to six hours of taking the Misoprostol tablets. Pain can vary from mild period-type pain to severe cramping and pain. For most people, the pain can be managed by pain-relieving medication.
Bleeding can vary from light spotting to a very heavy flow with blood clots and pregnancy tissue. The duration of the bleeding can also vary – most people will experience spotting for two to six weeks after the procedure.
Headaches, nausea, or vomiting can occur along with chills and or flushes.
Continuing pregnancy: minimal bleeding and continuing pregnancy symptoms can mean the pregnancy is still present. This occurs in about 1% of early medication abortions and requires a follow-up surgical termination.
It sometimes happens that the pregnancy is not terminated after the abortion. With the abortion pill this is 1 – 4%, with other abortion methods this is 1 – 2 %. If this happens, we need to perform a (second) suction curettage.
There is also a slight risk of persistent bleeding or severe discharge.
Our clinic has a partnership agreement with a nearby hospital, where medical support can be provided, if necessary.
Where to get abortion pills in Carolina
As mentioned earlier, where you get abortion pills from will depend on the state you live in. but Some of the most common ways to get abortion pills include:
- From a healthcare provider, either through an in-person or virtual appointment and/or by mail
- At a clinic or local pharmacy
- Planned Parenthood centers
Let’s dive into how you can potentially access an abortion online or buy abortion pills at a local pharmacy below.
Can I buy abortion pills online?
There are many online services that offer abortion medications online, including appointments with a licensed provider.
The below organizations provide online access to abortion pills as well as additional resources:
- Abortion Finder
- Abortion on Demand
- Plan C
- National Abortion Federation
- M+A Hotline
- Women Help Women
- Planned Parenthood
and also, Women on the Web.
Abortion is a very safe procedure in the UK, whether you’ve been having a medical abortion or a surgical termination. However, there’s always a chance of complications with any medical treatment. but Your doctor at the 132 Healthwise clinic will explain these in detail before the procedure so that you can make an informed decision about your care.